Monday, August 23, 2010

Vagabond Seeks Nomad for Endless Travels...

That's what my personal ad might say...if I needed one. I am officially married now, which does not make me tied down. On the contrary, this kite has found her string and he's just as excited to float above the earth as she is. It's only been a few short weeks of marriage, but already I find myself learning new things about him. He always has a back up plan. He can charm anyone, even the crankiest of people. In my darkest hour, he made me smile, even when all I wanted to do was cry. He keeps his emotions well below the surface, though once in awhile he lets me see them. I am more in love with him now than when I met him. And plain and simple...I am happy.

I've missed a few months of blogging, hell I've missed most of my summer in New England! I've been off with the new husband gallavanting around the country. A wedding in San Antonio (not ours), beach days in Maine with my darling daughter, family whirlwind to DisneyWorld in Florida, some heartfelt Hoosier time in Indiana, our wedding/honeymoon all in one in Arizona, and I'm finally home again. Just in time to start a new year of school. Back to that little thing called work. I wonder if the students realize that we teachers are just as unhappy that summer is ending as they are? Ahhh well, the crispness of September is just around the corner and Autumn in New England is a sight to behold.

Here's to many great new beginnings!

1 Comments:

At 2:21 AM, Blogger P.H. said...

Congratulations Mrs. Zuba!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home